Wednesday 15 May 2013

How to cope with stress without demolishing a chocolate bar

Does anyone have the magic answer to my question?

I don't have much willpower, that's a well known fact. So when I'm sitting at my desk at work, having a hectic and stressful day over trivial things that all add up into stress central, what do I do, reach for an apple? Oh nooo don't be silly. An apple a day may keep the doctor away, but the last thing I want in a moment of need is one of those. No, I am talking about a peanut butter Kit Kat chunky, a doughnut, or a packet (yes a packet) of white chocolate and raspberry Sainsburys Taste the Difference cookies.

Last week and this week I've been trying to make steps to stop the sugar overload when I'm under the weather and snowed under with work. I've actually not been going out on my lunch break so that I'm certain I won't grab two chocolate bars on the way back to the office... one for the journey and one for my desk. Instead, I've been keeping to my healthy snacks and staying indoors for my break, to stop the temptation. Well actually that's a lie... I did really well last week but this week didn't quite go to plan. I blame Mrs Crimble, for her giant chocolate, delicious, impossible to resist macaroons, and I also blame Nakd bars for doing absolutely nothing at all to curb my sugar craving.


So I am completely expecting a 3lb weight gain tomorrow at weigh-in (I'm not exaggerating - the scales are not my friend right now) and I know exactly why, and I think I need to ban myself from Sainsburys to keep away from the sugar. If only I could be one of those people who drink water when they're stressed, or do yoga, or sing a song... or something. Nope, a Sainsburys ban for me.

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment