Monday 13 May 2013

A break in training

There is no update for last week's training... because there was no training! On Bank Holiday Monday I came down with an awful headache and thought I'd feel better getting out in the sun but come Tuesday I woke up with a full blown cold... blocked head, aching jaw, hurting teeth (weird right?), chesty cough, stuffy nose, runny nose, stuffy nose... running nose... this pattern continued for a whole SEVEN days. Well today is Monday and I'm still sat here with a whacking headache, blocked ears and stuffy nose. When will this end?!?!?

So I have been feeling terrible all week and there wasn't a chance of me going for a run, my chest just wouldn't allow it. So I've stayed in all week, wishing I could muster the energy to get out but knowing that it wouldn't do me any good what so ever.

I got home from work today and although I still feel rubbish, I'm much better than I was so I got changed into my running clothes and made it outside in between a few windy showers. I only lasted for 2.5km until my chest completely gave up on me and I coughed all the walk home. But I'm so glad I got out after 8 days - I found that not running and the lack of fresh air made me really grouchy. I'm going to try 3.0km tomorrow and then build it up gradually as I don't want to make myself poorly again or do too much too soon.

I'm hoping to cover 15km by the end of the week so here goes, back to it!

Dans x

No comments:

Post a Comment